l’ve installed a lot from the Sims 3 Store but I can’t find the lot in-game.
- Store lots can usually be found in the community lot library. If you’ve bought the lot with the Gold Edition of a world, they are not pre-placed. You need to do that yourself.
- Those lots sometimes just have numbers instead of names and therefore are called 1, 2, 3, ….
- If you have reached the launcher cap, the lots sometimes are not installed correctly the first time. Check the list below for the file name of the lot that should be in the [user data directory]\library folder. If it’s missing, the lot will not show in your game.
If the lot did not get in installed properly, install it again and check if the file is there. Repeat until it’s there.
You can also try this method which will usually install the lot on the first try
- Close the launcher and the game
- Backup your [user data directory] to an external drive
- Move the folders [user data directory] \DCCache & [user data directory] \DCBackup to the desktop
- Reinstall the world/lot
- Go to the folder library and find the files according to the list below. If the lot file is there, you’re good to go. Otherwise, try again.
- Delete the newly made folders DCCache and DCBackup from the documents folder.
- Move the DCCache and DCBackup folder you have previously saved to the desktop back to the [user data directory].
The items that come with the lot usually get installed correctly the first time. This Method only works for the lot, not the items. If they are missing as well, you need to reinstall the world/lot without moving the DCCache/DCBackup around.
- Close the game and the launcher
- Copy/Move the package file which belongs to the venue from the DCBackup folder to the library folder. You should then ses it in your game.