My Sim has perfect Ice/Roller skating skill and I got a message that he can now spin on the rink but he doesn’t have the option to do so. The option to spin with is there until a second Sim enters the rink, but it’s of course gray cause no-one is on the rink to spin with.
The issue mainly concerns Hidden Springs (and maybe Sunlit Tides) since the festival lot in those towns have a picnic area hidden underneath the ice/roller skating rink. There’s also on underneath the dance floor.
Witches simply don’t seem to be able to do it if user directed.
You need to edit the lot in a way that the picnic areas don’t interfere with the rinks. You can either delete them completely, remove them for the seasons the interfere or move them to a different location.
- Save your game under a new name (aka Make a Backup)
- Go to map view and to edit the festival lot
- Open the cheat console with ctl-shift-c
- Type: testingcheatsenabled true
- Open the cheat console again and type: BuyDebug on
- Go to Buy Mode (NOT Build Mode)
- In the middle of the lot you will now see a sphere (see Graham’s Tutorial)
- Left-click on the sphere while holding ctl-string to get the menu to pop-up
- Choose Set Season – Common Mode and remove the areas you don’t want.
- If you want to have the areas for some of the seasons, you need to re-place them by choosing the season you want them in.
- Go back to live mode and save your game
- You should now be able to spin.
If you have the issue in other neighborhoods then Hidden Springs, please leave a message in my guest book so I can check them out. Remember that it’s the Hidden Springs Festival lot that has the issue. If you place it in other worlds, you’ll have that issue there as well.