When starting the launcher, I get the error message: There was an error during startup. See the Log for more details
- Reinstall Origin
- Solution by Georgia82 for digital downlaods
- Make sure your graphic drivers are up-to-date
- Bypass the Launcher and start your game directly
- Right click on the launcher icon and start your launcher as administrator
- Make sure your Microsoft .net Framework is current
- Put in the base game dvd or start the game from the base game launcher icon instead of the addon
- If you uninstalled an EP make sure there are no left-over keys in your Registry. For information on Registry Keys, check this guide: Manually Uninstalling The Sims 3
- Uninstall CAW and CAP and try to start the launcher. If that works, redownload the tools and reinstall them after cleaning your registry with CCleaner.
- If you manually moved the game or part of it (don’t do that), the references in the Windows Registry are messed up. Reinstall your game.
- If you installed your game on an external drive, there might be a problem with the drive letter. Make sure that your drive has a fixed drive letter.
- Remove your User Files
This error often occurs after patching. Use the Patch Downloader for patching to prevent.