As a gift for The Sims Franchise turning 14 yesterday, EA gives everyone that has registered the base game (any version, doesn’t matter) a free Town Life Stuff Pack.
Unfortunately not everything is going as smoothly as it should.
Instructions to redeem
There are two methods to redeem the free stuff pack.
- To get your free stuff pack, go to this page: thesims.com/en-us/anniversary (link may vary depending on your country, see below)
- Click on the green Start here button
- Login with your email address
- The site then checks if you qualify for the gift (you need to have the base game registered) and after that you get a success message.
- The stuff pack should appear as late as 72 hours later in your MyGames on the Origin client. You can download it from there.
- Go to this link: Town Life Stuff Pack in the Origin Store
- Log in with your account
- The stuff pack should show with a price of $0
- Add it to your cart and proceed to checkout
- Make sure that the stuff pack still costs $0 before you complete the sale
- The stuff pack should appear in your MyGames on the Origin client. You can download it from there.
- You need to have the base game registered on Origin/thesims3.com in order to qualify. If you have more than one account, you need to redeem on the one your base game is on. If you bought the game used and couldn’t register it, then won’t be able to get the stuff pack.
- If you already own, you’re also out of luck. There isn’t anything else.
- If you own the Steam Version of the base game, you will need to make sure it’s also registered on thesims3.com/Origin in order to be able to redeem it. The stuff pack will be on Origin and not Steam after redeeming so you will need to uninstall the Steam version of every Sims 3 game and install the Origin one instead. You can’t mix Steam and Origin.
- There was also an error with the site where the qualification could not be recognized properly. This should be fixed. If your base game does show on your myPage and you still get the message, try clearing your browser cache or try a different browser. You can also check your myPage if the game shows as registered anyways. If it does, it should appear on Origin within 72 hours.
How long does this last ?
You have time till February 14th, 2014 to get your free stuff pack.
Where can I find the serial code ?
The page does not load
This seems to be an issue for certain countries, namely Spain, Belgium and France. Try to either use a Proxy for z.B. the US.
You can also try clearing your browser cache or use a different browser or try one of the localized pages:
- UK: http://www.thesims.com/en-gb/anniversary
- AUSTRALIA: http://www.thesims.com/en-au/anniversary
- GERMANY/SWITZERLAND/AUSTRIA: http://www.thesims.com/de-de/anniversary
- FRANCE: http://www.thesims.com/fr-fr/anniversary
- SPAIN: http://www.thesims.com/es-es/anniversary
The Start Here button is missing
Unclear but try clearing your browser cache or use a different browser.
The game does not appear in myGames on Origin
Allow 72 hours and check back from time to time. If the stuff pack shows as registered on your myPage on thesims3.com, all should be fine.
Still doesn’t work
Please contact Customer Support