- I have an object with which I can’t interact cause it’s in use. It can’t be sold either.
- My Sim has a bowl/ a guitar or some other object stuck to him
- Cars and Bikes are standing on the streets
Since Patch 1.8/2.3 there’s a testingcheat Option,with which you can delete that stuff
- Open the cheat window with ctl-shift-c
- Type testingcheatsenabled true
- Shift-click on the object (make sure you don’t click on a Sim by mistake)
- Choose: Object/Delete it.
- This will delete the object
- Reopen the cheat window
- Type testingcheatsenabled false to deactivate the cheat. It will deactivate itself once you restart the game.
Make a backup of your savegame before trying this so that you have another chance if you delete the wrong thing
You can also sell most of this objects with the cheat moveObjects On. Never delete a Sims with moveObjects or delete löschen or he will be gone for good. They don’t reappear like they did in Sims 2. If you have a stuck sim, reset him.
If you have a chisel from the workbench stuck to your Sim, none of the above solutions work though. You can’t delete the stupid thing. To get rid of it, you need to sell the workbench itself and replace it with a new copy.
Mods that help with the issue
- Overwatch gets rid of cars periodically.
- DebugEnabler has an option (NRaas -DebugEnabler-Radius Purge) to delete all thing withing a certain radius. Make sure to not delete stuff you still want though.