I’m getting a CRC error when installing
This problem can have many different causes.
- Problem with the DVD
- Problem with the DVD Drive
- Conflicting Software
- Paragon NTFS
- Metakine DVD Remaster
- Roxio Creator
- CD emulation software like Alcohol 120%, Nero Image Drive, Clone CD oder Daemon Tools
- Pausing the download of the game while getting it trough Origin
- Update your DVD drive firmware
- Exchange your DVD
- Clean your Registry with CCleaner
- Defrag your Computer
- Turn off your AntiVirus program
- Copy the contents of the DVD to your desktop and install it from there
- Download a copy of the game through the Origin and install that. You don’t need to rebuy the game, just enter the serial code of the DVD Version
- Remove conflicting Software from your Computer
- If you have problems with the download version, try the following
- Log in to the Origin.
- Click on the red x in the upper right part of the Sims 3 download to clear the Origin cache.
- Redownload The Sims 3; do not pause the download.