I get the message:
- Unable to connect to Origin
- Unable to connect to the EA Download Manager
This problem is caused by the launcher not being able to find the Origin client on your computer.
- You do not have the Origin client installed on your computer
- The client installed on your computer is not up-to-date
- A program (such as an Antivirus Program) or the firewall is blocking the connection
- Your Origin Account is not connected to your thesims3.com account
- You’ve changed your Email Address and now the game has troubles with certain files that store your Email address
- Server Issues on EA side
- Reinstall Origin
- Download the newest version of Origin
- Re-Open the Origin client and make sure there aren’t any updates available
- Programs that may cause conflicts with Origin
- To make sure, you’re Origin and thesims3.com account is connected go to your MyAccount on the Origin Website and check if your account is connected. They should auto-connect if you’re using the same email address. Your username should show under game-specific identities if they are connected properly
- Try starting the client and log into that and maybe even start Internet Explorer and log into your Origin account on the Origin.com. THEN start the game
- Download the beta version of Origin.
- Restart Computer and Origin
This is not really a game breaking issue. The launcher and game should run anyways. You will need to patch your game manually though.