I want to install something I’ve downloaded from the exchange but I get an error
- I get the following error message: Installation failed: Please make sure your game has the latest Software Updates and try again.
- I do not get an error message but when I start the game, the items are not in the game.
This problem has several causes
- Your game is not updated
- The file name of the Sims3pack contains special characters like semicolons.
- You tried to install something that is corrupt. If you check those with Custard, you’ll see lots of red package files and the error message Corrupt (not a DPBF). Something has corrupted the sims3Pack in transfer and you can’t install those.
- Some Sims, houses and households cannot be installed correctly. Their package files are not written to the corresponding folders.
- The download contains custom content that prevents the installation of the item.
- Make sure you’re patched to the newest version.
- Save file corrupts many downloads. Use Add to game instead.
- Rename sims3pack files that contain special characters.
- Convert sims3packs into package files (not for Store-Stuff) and put them in the mods folder.
- Don’t use the download.