- I click on Download in my browser but nothing happens
- I get the following error message: There was an error while downloading the content. Please check the log for more details.
Cause & Solutions
- Make sure you use the newest version of Firefox, Google Chrome or Internet Explorer. The browser needs to have an associated program (which should be Sims3LauncherW.exe) to download.
- Make sure that your game is updated to the latest patch version
- Add the following websites as an exception to your Firewall and Antivirus program
- There are a few IP addresses that can’t access the Store. Those are some specific countries but it can also affect certain Internet providers. Try if you can download them from somewhere else (you do need to have the launcher installed) or try a Proxy.
- The log file is called Sims3LauncherLogFile.log and can be found in your user data directory. It might give you an indication on what’s wrong.
- Sometimes it’s connection issues on EA’s side. Try later. You can redownload everything from your purchase history
- If you bought your base game after September 2012, try starting the launcher first and then download. Since Patch 1.63 downloading doesn’t trigger the launcher anymore, just Origin.