- Although trees and stuff is still moving, my Sims seem to be frozen
- The lags are terrible.
- The game is jerky
- Make sure your computer fulfills the requirements. I think the minimum requirement for this game are way to low so if yo are even lower than that, that is probably where your problem lies.
- Stuck or frozen Sims
- Stuck cars and bikes
- Tons of cars in the streets and the inventories of inactive Sim. These are temporary items that don’t get cleaned up properly.
- Tons of limousines that populate the streets
- Crowd gatherings that never dissolve.
- Tons of downloads (especially package files) and faulty ones.
- Bad Routing in Bridgeport
- Large Savegames. Games that have been played very long tend to bloat. Especially all the relationship information take up a lot of space.
- Spiral Staircases
- Make sure you have no areas where sim can get stuck
- Trees in driveways make the game lag.
- Twallan’s StoryProgression Mod is heavy on the resources. If you have an older/slower computer, don’t use it.
- The game likes to spawn a lot of wild animals and strays. Similar to the car issue this makes the game lag
- Server Connections Issue (SimPort, social features)
- Turn down your options or get a new Computer. Make sure the computer has a dedicated graphic card and not just a chip.
- Reset stuck Sims
- Delete stuck cars
- Try to reduce the number of cars in your hood. Remove them from inventories and streets. To prevent them spawning everywhere again, delete the parking spaces as well.
- Reduce the amount of CC, check it with Dashboard and combine package files.
- Copy all your Sims to the library and move them to a new town. You will loose all your relationships but everything else will be maintained.
- Make sure to fix all spiral staircases in your town.
- Log out from game while playing.
- Turn off the interactive loading screen in your options.
Mods that help with the problem.
- Overwatch cleans cars and resets stuck Sims
- Mastercontroller has an option to reset all objects/Sims in town (town – reset everything)
- Traffic helps you reduce the amount of traffic in your town
- Porter helps you move your family to a new town without loosing their relationships
- ErrorTrap helps cleaning your savegame by getting rid of corrupt and unnecessary data.
- Register helps you control the amount of strays/wild animals you have in your town. There are also tuning mods around that achieve the same.
- Nona’s PerformanceCareer_NoLimo Mod helps reducing the amount of limousines since Sims in the Showtime careers don’t get them any longer.