Are there things I should keep in mind ?
- Save your game on a regular basis. Use different save game names so you can go back more than one save game. Twallan’s Saver helps you with save prompts in certain intervals that you can choose yourself. The mods saves in cycles by adding a number to your savegame name and then overwrite the first one.
- Backup your user files on a regular basis
- Do not keep the Cheat BuyDebug activated when you go traveling (vacation towns, University, Future)
- Special Seeds seem to be the cause of many bugs. If you notice a strange behavior in just a certain Sim, check his inventory for special seeds and sell those (or put them in the fridge) scheinen an diversen
- Problems with moving or traveling can be cause by too many things in your inventory. Remove some stuff.
- Save your game under a new name before traveling, coming home, getting married or moving
- Don’t have children with foreign Sims that live in another town. If you want to have children with those, have the Sim move in with you and have children than. Kids with a parent living in a foreign town cause many issues.
- Don’t marry a foreign Sim if they still live abroad. Have him move in first and then marry him.
- Having a steady relationship at University is not advisable.
- Don’t play with the cheat moveObjects on. Only use it to solve issues or place objects in buy/build mode.
- Never ever sell a Sim with moveObjects on. In Sims 3 you should reset your Sim instead.
- The Cheat moveObjects on can lead to different issues, especially with routing. For example it’s not advisable to place a door with moveObjects on. Press the ALT-Key instead to place objects to where you want them.
- Before re-installing your game, try this first: Resetting the game to factory settings without reinstalling. It’s a lot less work. You can always reinstall later if it doesn’t work.